Symptoms and Treatment for Typhoid
Typhoid is a type of seriousdisease which is related to the Typhi bacteria. Related to the ill maintenance of the health and hygienethis fever is extremely harmful as it does havoc on the immune system of your body. It is caused either by eating any food or drinking water contaminated with the Typhi bacteria. It is true that with proper treatment, it can definitely ensurea full recovery, but if not treated properly, it can also cause life-threatening risks. Here are some of the primary and necessary symptoms and treatment for this disease.
Symptoms of Typhoid
Consuming any of the typhoid bacteria-contaminated food or water, then the bacteria can attack the small intestine and then it gradually enters the various organs of the body and finally multiplies in blood.
In most of the cases, patients feel mild illness and it is one of the first stage symptoms of typhoid. But most of the times, these symptoms are ignored. The main symptom that patients develop on the first hand is fever when the bacteria enter the bloodstream.
Although the germs take one to two weeks to spread, the disease persists for about four to six weeks. Nevertheless, these are some of the major symptoms of typhoid fever.
- The patient may suffer from poor or no appetite
- Excessive abdominal pain as well as peritonitis
- He or she may suffer from body aches as well as extreme weakness
- Severe headaches
- The patient may even suffer from high fever with body temperature up to 104F
- Lethargy is also one of the symptoms of typhoid, which can only be noticed if left untreated for longer periods
- Perforation or intestinal bleeding is a part of typhoid if the disease persists for two to three weeks
- Severe constipation or diarrhea, both can occur in typhoid
- Excessive cough and cold
- The patient may sometimes even develop the issue of chest congestion while suffering from typhoid and discomfort is quite common.
Treatment for Typhoid
In most of the cases, Typhoid can be treated at home as well, only when, it is diagnosed in the early stage simply by maintaining patient’s health and hygiene. If left untreated or not diagnosed properly, it can take a longer time to treat and will require antibiotic medication.
When diagnosed in an early stage, patients can do a complete course of medication for seven to fourteen days as directed by the doctor. Also, it is important to do any blood test, urine, and stool test in the pathology centers to find out which strain has infected the patient’s body.
Maintaining good hygiene like washing hands with soap and warm water, eating fresh and healthy foods and drinking liquids at the time of consuming the medicines will help you to recover from the disease faster. In case the patient is suffering from severe diarrhea, vomiting or high fever, then it is best to opt for the hospital admission.
These are some of the primary and main symptoms and its treatments, which are important to follow if you get infected by the typhoid bacteria.