People over fifty years of age have to be irrigated for preventive purposes in families with a predisposition to colorectal cancer (some relatives suffer from this disease).
Irrigography is not applicable in the following cases:
- The patient is diagnosed with cardiovascular disease.
- The patient is at risk of infection with fever.
- The man is in a coma
- The woman is pregnant
- The patient is breast-feeding
- The patient has swelling or inflammation of the brain
- Diagnosis of exacerbation of ulcerative colitis
- Allergy to contrast media
- A person’s intestinal permeability is severely impaired.
The intestinal wall is injury or openings
In the last two cases, the barium solution may enter the abdominal cavity, which would mean serious complications in the patient’s condition.
Preparation of the study
Colon and small colonic irrigation Thailand requires a simple preparation. But it is important to remember that the accuracy of examination results depends on its quality, so it is necessary to strictly follow your doctor’s instructions.
There are two important steps in the preparation phase:
- Compliance with dietary rules
- Bowel cleansing before the procedure
Two or three days before the survey, you need to start following a diet, that is, exclude products such as:
- Vegetables (cabbage, carrots, beets)
- Legumes (corn, beans, peas, lentils)
- Porridge (barley, oatmeal, millet)
- Fruits (apples, apricots, bananas, oranges)
- bakery Products
- dairy products
- Fatty and smoked food
Such products lead to excessive gas formation and long digestion. The last meal should be on the eve of the examination, no later than 6 p.m. On the eve of analysis and in the morning, it is also necessary to take a cleansing class or use drugs that stimulate the intestine in the stool.
What Is An Intestinal Irrigoscope And How To Prepare It At Home?
Intestinal irrigation is the rays of weight, accompanied by special contrast material (barium, iodine). This technique is safe and informative, and remains on the list of most popular diagnostic procedures, along with CT and MRI endoscopic examination methods. The salt is filled tightly with a barium suspension and after emptying, the necessary diagnostic procedures are performed to identify functional and organic changes in the walls. Dietary foods, cleansing enemas, laxatives are recommended during the study preparation phase. In modern medicine there can be simple and double contrasts, the cost of these procedures is different:
- With one contrast, you can explore the outline of the colon.
- Double – the presence of ulcers, tumors, inflammatory elements of the mucous membrane.
The colon has a particular feature – the presence of enlarged intestinal tract, which is subdivided into segments, most of which are localized to the transverse colon. The diagnostic procedure makes it possible to obtain information on the location, length, degree of mobility of each compartment. This technique is essential in research for the presence of diverticulosis, ulcerative lesions, in a patient.