One must admit that the prevalence of different diseases today is the result of poor nutrition and the lack of exercise amongst the populace. It is quite embarrassing to think that even in the advent of the technological breakthroughs in the 21st Century; many are still trapped in a quagmire of unhealthy habits developed through a long time. The only real way that someone can put a plug into it is to drastically change your outlook about fitness. If you think getting to the gym and renewing your membership is a pain in the back and your pocket, then you are in luck today. This article will touch on the topic of simple home fitness exercises that can yield amazing results. All it takes is the proper attitude and dedication to stick to it long enough so that your body can respond through this list of exercises that is fun and worthwhile to do.
1. Jumping Jacks – this is a staple exercise that is known even by kids. Surprisingly, it can raise your heartbeat to a point where you will start melting the stored fat in your body. Perform this exercise in fifty repetitions at first. Build your stamina and when you feel you can do more, then that is the time to add increments of 10 repetitions until you reach your desired goal.
2. Bear Walks – this is simply one of the deceptively challenging exercises you can do. Drop on the floor with only your feet and hands touching it. Try to move forward as if you are grizzly bear searching for food. (Okay, that part is a little exaggeration, but you get the point?) Set a minimum distance you want to travel in that position and repeat the same for as long as you can.
3. Chinups and pull-ups – any list of simple home fitness exercises that do not include this standard exercises is not complete. Performing it with a bar or a tree branch is not important, what you should look into is the proper spacing of your hands which should be shoulder width distance and the form. When you feel you cannot do even a single repetition, try hanging on the bar for at least 15 seconds, which will count as one repetition.
4. Pushups – there are countless varieties of this exercise out there, which is a testament to how effective it is as a fitness movement. For beginners you may want to start with your knees touching the floor, this will give you enough upper body strength at the onset. As you progress, you may want to lift both of your knees to a standard pushup position. This fitness movement requires proper form to avoid long term injury to the shoulder joints.
5. Lunges – It would be a disgrace not to pay attention to the largest muscle region of your body and that is your legs. Lunges are performed by extending your step forward as in a stride then bending your stepping leg to a 90 degree angle, keeping your rear leg a bit straight. Return to your natural standing position and do it with the other leg. Thirty repetitions per leg are ideal for starters.